25 May 2009

I will not be a game piece.

I've been at Timberlake Playhouse for almost a week, now, and things have been going pretty well.  I was able to pull a rehearsal prop for pretty much anything that could possibly be needed, and I have a definite start on actual things.  I'm pretty sure I can be completely done in seven days, in which case I can either take a few days break or get a start on the next show.  The tech staff is pretty cool, and since the actors got here, we've holed ourselves up in ASM's cabin every night to avoid the loud, drunk, and annoying.  We successfully taught the ASM to play euchre, and she took to it better than anyone I've ever taught, which is exciting.  She gets great enjoyment from the milking part of the game.  Also, there is a cat, and he loves me as every cat does.  If any props don't get built, it will be his fault.  Everyone calls him something different, so I just call him cat.  I get no workable signal out here, and Claire doesn't get any internet yet, so that's lame.  I'm going to start writing letters.  Not just to her, though; I'll write Jonah, too, and might write home, I dunno.  

I'm basically my own boss; I'm the department head, but I'm also the entire department, so I'm basically a disembodied department head.  It's cool most of the time, but sometimes I miss just having assignments handed to me to blindly follow.  Research has been fun, and I'm going to build some cool things, like a portable record player.  Nathan, I'll probably need that pie formula.  Hm.  There were other things when I thought about posting earlier today, but just now I can't think of them.  

I support the Paul Newman Memorial Salad Bar.


1 comment:

Erin said...

What is your address out there?